Netiya thanks you for being part of the network of faith leaders that is working to bring about a better Los Angeles through stewardship. Through membership with Netiya, you are part of the first network in the country to advance the collective goal of getting our faith communities back to the land, connecting to our shared agrarian roots, and advancing institutional-scale collaboration toward a more sustainable and equitable future. You are part of a group of pioneers who are bridging faith and food, revolutionizing the way that faith groups address hunger, and creating common ground for deeper spiritual connection to the lands that feed us.
These six principles guide our work. If you believe these six Netiya principles, we invite you to become a member.
- FOOD IS A HUMAN RIGHT: All people have the right to access nourishing food grown with respect for the laborers, and the earth. Netiya grows community food security through empowerment, not handouts. We don’t do charity for others; we do collaborative work with others.
- STEWARD THE LAND: The land we live on is an integral part of our community. Our diverse philosophical, spiritual, and religious traditions share the core values of caring for the Earth. Netiya helps institutions deepen a commitment to stewarding collective resources (water, land) by rethinking the tradition of tithing. Through stewardship of urban lands at homes and faith-based institutions in Los Angeles, Netiya advances the conversion of 10% of the land from decorative landscaping to food production for greater food sovereignty.
- CELEBRATE ALL FORMS OF DIVERSITY: Realizing our connection to Mother Earth is sacred, and with intent to reflect the greatest biodiversity of all beings and forms of life, we celebrate people from all spiritual and religious practices that are committed to growing food sustainably. We welcome both traditional and innovative approaches.
- COMMITMENT TO ACCESS: Recognizing that Netiya’s activities are primarily justice driven and educational, the bulk of our programming is free or deeply discounted. Netiya is also committed to building spiritually-engaging and participatory collective forums during each of our activities.
- GROW RESILIENCE: Rooting into the soil and our traditions can build stronger communities. Food is about culture and the land. In order to grow a healthier food system, we need to build a healthy food culture that honors the land, the physical makeup of our city, our spirits, and our roots.
- GROUND-UP ORGANIZING: Netiya commits to growing competency in the areas of race, class, gender, power, and privilege by advancing equality and non-hierarchical organizing to foster sacred, fertile ground.
As a Netiya member, you will enjoy the following discounts and benefits:
- One (1) FREE ticket for our annual event
- Members Rate for all of our garden and kitchen hands-on workshops
- Monthly Tips and Educational Resources – custom-designed by Netiya
- Visibility – on Netiya’s website and marketing materials.
To become a member, make a tax deductible gift to Netiya today!