For more in-depth study, Netiya offers the Victory Gardening Course, a workshop series to meet your congregation’s needs. Netiya brings you the best teachers in the city to teach our Victory Garden certification curriculum over 16 hours. Our program gives students a strong foundation from which to plan, build, and maintain water-wise food gardens at their faith-based institution and/or their home, and a certification afterward to be a Victory Gardener in LA!
In 2017, Netiya is teaching our Torah of Gardening Workshop Series at three institutions: Temple Israel of Hollywood | Sinai Akiba Academy | Temple Ramat Zion
Sample Curriculum for Netiya’s Victory Garden + Torah Certification Course:
- Class 1: Observation. Documentation. Planning! Seed starting, site planning.
- Class 2: It’s all about the SOIL: Community Compost or Vermicompost Build!
- Class 3: Plant Selection, Transplanting, & Mulching.
- Class 4: Integrated Pest Control for the Organic Garden: Good and Bad Bugs!
- Class 5: The Torah of Maimonides ~ How to Fish: Food Relief, Justice, Food Sovereignty 101.
- Class 6: Scientific Inquiry. Asking Questions. Troubleshooting. Resources.
- Class 7: Garden, Art, Community – How can this class in our school/congregation grow a vibrant green team of ongoing volunteers, and a strong network of relationships to sustain the garden?
- Class 8: Netiya’s Water Wise Workshop is a class that covers how to manage resources more competently through simple and innovative water-wise interventions. We’ll learn how to care for an institutional-scale, water-wise garden.
- Class 9: Harvesting and Applying Compost.
- Class 10: Food from the Garden: Harvesting, Storing, Cooking or Fermenting Fresh Food.
- Class 11: Explore faith texts, leaders and movements impacting local and national food systems.
- Class 12: Gratitude.
For more information and to set up a Victory Garden Course at your faith institution, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.